Pageviews so far

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Do you realise we are all over 45? Are you having a laugh?

That is the comment in the last email I have just received from one of the "honed athletes" from the 1980 volleyball team.

I have managed to track down 7 out of the original 8 Boy team.
As Elrick pointed out, they are all over 45, with some of them nearing 50.

Out of the 7 I have contacted. 6 of them are up for the game against the new Boys.
One of them is using an excuse about being in America for not playing.......
Our Minister is from America and he can't play volleyball either, it must be something to do with the Atlantic.

So I will have to pull in my reserves from the running up team in 1981.Grazy and Sprinter are getting a call up!
I will also give Cheating Smeaton, Kenny McVicar and Graeme Reilly a call. Hammy Smillie might still have that purple track suit?
I know that Harry Webster still has a sweatshirt from 1980 with the winning logo. Dougie has one of them as well with his name on it, but he says it WILL not fit him anymore.

So I am off now to try to sort out a venue and a time.
A secondary school games hall with a volleyball court that is available in late August/Early September.

That gives you the best part of 5 months to get training.

No comments:

Post a Comment